Proposed Subsidised Bus Services from August 2020
This consultation is closed.
Purpose of consultation
Fife Council currently provides subsidy, either in part of whole, for the following bus services in Mid Fife:
B1,36, M4, 11, 12, 14A, 14, 108, 13, 13A, 32, 32A, 33B, 37, 37A, 41B, 43A, 44A, 45, 49, 66, 66A, 67, 67A, 67B
In May and June last year the Council carried out consultation on these routes and asked the public for their opinions on the services we currently support in Mid Fife. We used these comments to help influence the routes which were put out to tender in December 2019. The tender bids have now been returned, assessed and awarded and we are able to retain the majority of the current subsidised network plus some enhancements.
Prior to the tender documents being returned, Bay Travel (service 13) and Moffat & Williamson (service M4) advised that they were intending to take these services on a commercial basis, this in turn allowed us to include 4 new additional services that were requested during the tender process. These services are the M3, M6 and service 18, further details are explained in the summary attached.
There is however still the opportunity for some minor tweaking of these services prior to their operation in August 2020.
We would like to encourage current and potential bus users to complete the short consultation. When completeing the consultation think about:
• Places/facilities you go to
• How frequent the bus is
• Your need to travel at a specific time, how flexible can you be in your travel arrangements?
• Journey time - too long? Does the bus pass an area where no one ever gets on?
• Evening travel - how important is it?
• Sunday travel - how important is it?
• How far you can walk to a bus stop
• Connecting with other buses or trains - how important is this?