Next school council meeting - Monday 29th at 7pm
The school council is a body of parents/carers as well as community and school representatives. It is set up to represent the Parent Forum, which itself consists of all parents/carers of pupils attending Lawhead Nursery and Primary School.
- To work in partnership with the school to create a welcoming school which is inclusive for all parents/carers.
- To promote partnership between all constituent parts of the school (its staff, pupils and parents/carers) and between the school and local community.
- To develop and engage in activities which support the education and welfare of the pupils.
- To identify and represent the views of parents on the education provided by the school and other matters affecting the education and welfare of the pupils.
The School Council meets once each term, and meetings are open to all parents/carers with children at Lawhead. The next meeting will be held on Monday 10th September 2018 at 7pm in the Primary 6 area.
As the School Council is accountable to the Parent Forum (i.e.all parents/carers) for Lawhead School, it will provide a report on issues and activities througout the year via an Annual General Meeting. This will be held at the end of the academic year, and all parents/carers will recieve an invite to attend via the school newsletter.
To function, the School Council has to have a minimum of 5 parents/carers of children attending the school, with the aim of having at least one representative from each year group, including nursery. In addition there must be 2 staff members, including the headteacher and at least one external "community" members. Current membership is as follows:
- Dr Demoortel
- Mrs Price
- Mrs Wahl (PTA rep)
- Mrs Stirling, community member
- Mrs J Simpson, staff member
Remember...It is only by volunteering and working together that we can make a school we can continue to be proud of!
The opinion of every parent/carer involved with the school is important. As such, the School Council is keen to hear parents' views on issues affecting the School and their children's education.