The Blairhall Primary School Parent Council re-established itself in October 2011 following a number of years of inactivity. They have grown in there professionalism and proactivity and consistently work hard to support the School in its endeavours.
The following members of the Parent Council are:
- William Laing - Chairperson
- Anitta Jeffs-Watts - Secretary
- Danny Wallace - Treasurer
- Sara Curds
The main functions of the Parent Council are to:
- Support the school in its work with pupils and parents
- Represent the views of parents
- Promote contact and communication between the school, parents, pupils, the community, nursery and other providers
- Organising social and fundraising events
- Report to all parents (the Parent Forum) on the activities of the group
Together they plan and run activities where they can support Blairhall Primary's development plan, learn with the children and express their views on important issues for the school.
All parents are automatically members of the Parent Forum and can join the Parent Council or simply attend meetings which are held every 4 weeks on a Thursday evening.
The Parent Council keep the wider community updated regarding projects and events via our facebook page, the School website page and newsletters/flyers.
The parent council can be contacted by email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The Facebook page can be found under Blairhall Primary School Parent Council.
The Parent Council are signed up for easyfundraising. Below are the steps that parents should follow to sign up:
1. Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/
2. Click on Support a Good Cause
3. Type in Blairhall Primary School and press Find
4. Blairhall Primary School at top of list, click Support this cause
5. Complete personal info; name, email address & create a password
6. Download the Find and Remind Toolbar so you are prompted when buying online.