Welcome to Lochgelly West Primary School
Lochgelly West Primary School serves the North and West area of Lochgelly in West Fife. The Infant Department dates back to 1883, while the main part of the building was added in approximately 1916.
There are eleven classes in the school. We are fortunate to have a very good school kitchen serving a variety of meals in a separate dining room. This facility, whilst catering for a wide range of dietary requirements also promotes healthy eating and life style. Cultural diversity is reflected in the menu.
A large playground surrounds the school. A wildlife garden and grassy area have been created through Grounds for Learning. The overall outdoor appearance has been improved and also provides a more interesting play area for the children. The playground project is ongoing, further developments are in the pipeline. A local park is also used for sports and football.