Responsibilities of Prefects
PREFECTS ARE EXPECTED TO LEAD BY EXAMPLE BY:
- Respecting and upholding all the policies of the school.
- Promoting positive behaviour in the school
- Wearing school uniform, including a blazer, and clearly displaying a prefect’s badge
- Participating in, and supporting, school events where appropriate. (This will involve attendance at Parents’ Evenings, Open Evenings etc.)
- Carrying out duties assigned by the Head Boy, Head Girl, House Captains and senior staff of the school. (These will include providing supervision of the corridors and quad at breaks and lunchtimes on a rota basis)
- Representing the school in the community as appropriate
- Displaying excellent attendance and punctuality
- Respecting the facilities of the senior common room
- Cooperating with all staff
The Rector appoints prefects in June each year. Applications are open to all pupils in S5 and S6 including ASN.